Thursday, November 5, 2009

Arcana Release Date

My novel Arcana has been announced for November 2009. That's right, this month!

As we're already almost one week into November I'm guessing it will be toward the end of the month or possibly early December, but that still means the book should be out before the holidays. I wrote the first version of this particular novel twenty years ago as a sophomore in college and I'm very happy and excited to finally see it in print. Despite the delay, I'm also glad that the version being published now is the most recent rewrite rather than the original, because the current version is vastly improved in just about every possible way.

In addition to announcing the release date, I would also like to thank the folks at Pendraig Publishing for being so prompt and responsive regarding my work. I once submitted a book to Red Wheel/Weiser and they basically sat on it for two and a half years before finally rejecting it. Needless to say, I was not amused and I'll think twice about submitting anything to them ever again. On the other hand, I submitted Arcana to Pendraig in August, got the contract at the beginning of October, and the book is almost ready to go to the printers a little over a month later.

So if you're looking for gifts this holiday season and have a friend who enjoys occult fiction, please consider picking up a copy of Arcana. I'll be posting a link to the book once it can be ordered online.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

No comments: